1 . Who is the author of The Last Lesson?
- Jane Austen
- Rabindra Nath Tagore
- Alphonse Daudet
2. What does The Last Lesson symbolize?
- Loss of freedom
- Loss of language
- Loss of language and freedom
3. Who was M.Hamel?
- a spy
- language teacher
- School Principal
4. Why did the villagers come to meet M. Hamel in the school?
- to complain
- to say goodbye
- to gossip
- to show gratitude
5. Why did Hamel blame himself?
- not having taught them enough French
- not being strict
- giving students a holiday at times
- not being responsible
6. What did Franz find on reaching the school?
- People were dancing
- school was closed
- Police patrolling
- strange quietness
7. What was there in front of the Bulletin Board?
- a crowd
8. Alphonse Daudet was from which country?
- New Zealand
9. What attitude of M.Hamel surprised Franz?
- soft and kind
- firm and strict
- none of these
10. The story ‘The Last Lesson’ highlights which human tendency?
- Male Chauvinism
11. Why was Franz surprised?
- Because of village elders
- Because of police patrolling
- because of students’ behavior
- because of M.Hamel’s kind and polite behaviour
12. What was Franz expected to be prepared for at school that day?
- essay writing
13. What did Mr. Hamel bring for his class on his last day in the school?
- new pens
- new notebooks
- story books
14. Don’t go so fast, you will get to your school in plenty of time means ___
- getting late
- very early
- not early
- early enough
15. For the last two years, where did all the bad news come from?
- the Bulletin Board
- Town Hall
- M. Hamel’s House
16. What was M. Hamel going to question Franz about?
- old primer
- Ba be bi bo bu
17. Who sat on the back bench on the last lesson?
- the village people
- The new teacher
18. What is the moral that the Alphonse Daudet wants to bring out?
- not to put off things that one can do that day
- old order changed to new
- one should accept everything that happens
- teachers should be respected
19. What does M. Hamel’s motionless posture reflect?
- the school is dismissed
- sense of finality
- changing order of life
- feeling of nostalgia
20. Franz thinks- will they make them sing in German- even the pigeons? What could this mean?
- German would use brutal force over everyone
- harsh orders will be passed
- when people are deprived of their essence even the surroundings are affected
- the Germans will rob France of its language