1 . Who is the poet of this poem?
- Pablo Neruda
- None of these
2. What does the poet feel is needed to be at peace?
- meeting with people
- talking with people
- interaction with the people
- Soul searching
3. What is the original language of the poem?
4. The poet appeals to the readers to keep quiet for –
- twenty seconds
- twelve hours
- thirty seconds
- twelve seconds
5. Where would they be walking?
- in the park
- along the river
- in the shade
- on the road
6. According to the poet what creates barriers?
7. What does man threaten himself with?
8. Fishermen in the cold sea would not harm –
9. What does the title of the poem suggest?
- Maintenance of silence
10. What would everyone feel at that exotic moment?
- strange blissful oneness
11. What does counting upto 12 signify and how will it help?
- hours of the day
- months of a year
- it will help to create peace and harmony
12. What does the style of the poem symbolise, that the poet used to write with?
- desire and hope
13. What is the poet expecting from fishermen?
- to find more fish
- to go deeper into the sea
- to think and stop harming the fish
14. What will happen if there are no engines and no crowd?
- noise will be lessened
- no crowd on roads
- no traffic rush
- it will create a perfect, happy moment
15. Man needs to learn a lesson from
16. Which images in the poem show that the poet condemns or hate violence?
- fishermen not harming whales
- wars leaving behind no survivors to celebrate
- poet’s refusal to deal with death
- All these
17. According to the poet wars that are fought have no
- fighter planes
18. What are the different kinds of wars mentioned in the poem?
- War against humanity
- War against nature
- War with gases and fire
- All these
19. Cold sea’ is a poetic device
- transferred epithet
20. How does the poet perceive life?
- as stillness
- as silence
- a noisy place
- a continuous evolution of nature