1 . Who is the author of Lost Spring?
- James Bond
- Arundhati Roy
- Sudha MurthyA ragpicker
- Anees Jung
2. Who was Saheb?
- A shopkeeper
- A servant
- A ragpicker
- None of these
3. Who is Mukesh?
- Bangle maker
4. This story is an excerpt from which book of the author?
- Lost Spring – Stories of Stolen Childhood
- Unveiling India
- Breaking the Silence
- The Song of India
5. What is the means of survival in Seemapuri?
6. What does the author analyze in the story?
- Rich people
- Her works
- Poor children and their exploitation
7. The frail woman in Mukesh’s house is his
- elder brother’s wife
8. What were Saheb and his family looking for in Delhi?
9. Bangle industry flourishes in the town of
10. What forces the children to live a life of exploitation?
- Extreme Poverty
11. Which of the objects below best serves as a symbol of an Indian woman’s `suhag’?
- henna-dyed hands
12. What is the central theme of the story Lost Spring?
- Pitiable Poor children and their lost childhood
- Saheb and Mukesh
- Spring Season
13. What bothers the author most about the bangle makers?
- the stigma of poverty and caste
- the affluence of the landlords
- the behaviour of the factory owners
- the labour laws
14. Mukesh wants to learn to become a motor mechanic by
- finding a tutor
- going to a garage to learn
- by reading books
- by joining a school
15. What was the profession of Mukesh’s father before he became a bangle-maker?
16. According to the author what was garbage for the parents?
- Means of entertainment
- means of joy
- Means of sorrow
- Means of survival
17. Mukesh belonged to a family of
- bangle makers
- motor mechanics
18. One day, Saheb was seen by the author, watching some young men playing
19. The rag pickers have no identity, but they have
- ration cards
20. The colony of ragpickers is situated in
- the south of Delhi